The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
With its alluring curves, sparkling sounds and groundbreaking tremolo bridge, Fender’s new 1954 Stratocaster® was a phenomenon, unlike anything the world had ever seen. By 1957, the Stratocaster had crystallized into a mid-century masterpiece.
Featuring a trio of Pure Vintage '57 Stratocaster pickups, sweeping body contours and a supremely comfortable “V”-shape neck with a 7.25” radius maple fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1957 Stratocaster reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original. Other appointments include a vintage-accurate synchronized tremolo with cold rolled steel block and bent steel saddles, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and a single-ply pickguard.
Offered in three stunning nitrocellulose lacquer finishes – 2-Color Sunburst and Sea Foam Green over alder and Vintage Blonde over ash – the American Vintage II 1957 Stratocaster celebrates a true icon of Fender instrument design.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Vintage Blonde
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1957 "V"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 21
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: Ash
- Bridge: Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 6-Screw Vintage-Style
- Tremolo Block: Cold Rolled Steel
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Pickup Covers: Aged White
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- String Trees: Butterfly
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tremolo Arm: Screw-In
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '57 Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '57 Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '57 Single-Coil Strat®
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup