As premier Fender dealers, we're beyond excited to present this 1960 Precision Bass reissue in a gorgeous Daphne Blue from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and basses and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
The late '50s brought some exciting changes for the Precision Bass, with Fender's flagship offering switching over to a more Strat-like look with a comfort-contoured body and redesigned pickups, electronics, and a rosewood fingerboard. 1960 marked the beginning of the decade where the P-Bass truly became the iconic instrument it is today.
This bass is just awesome to play. The '60 C neck shape is a nice medium C profile that fills the hand nicely with a good amount of shoulders to grab onto, and is the basis for many of Fender's P-Bass neck shapes out today.
The Pure Vintage '60 pickups are based on authentic vintage examples, which have a bit more thump and fullness than the bass pickups that preceded them. They were often used back then to great effect by the blues, soul, and rock n' roll bands of the day. We think these pickups work great with the resonant voice of the bass to give it a very versatile tonal palette despite the simple.
For a faithful reissue of one of the P-Bass's most iconic eras, this AVRI II 1960 model is most definitely the move.
The late ‘50s to the early ‘60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass®, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass®. By 1960, the design of the P-bass had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Precision Bass® - now the P-bass had a Strat®-style headstock shape, comfort-contours, pickguard mounted electronics and 4-saddle bridge. Adorned in 3-Color Sunburst and topped with a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, the 1960 Precision Bass represented a more refined, enduring aesthetic for the model.
Featuring a premium alder body, Pure Vintage ‘60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial “C” shape hard rock maple neck mated with a 7.25” radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Daphne Blue
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1960 "C"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Side Dots: Vintage Clay
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision®
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 9.2 lbs