The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Jazzmaster® was originally advertised as a guitar that contained “all the well-known Fender developments,” where “every convenience is provided.” Intended to provide a luxury playing experience and tempt jazz guitarists into playing solidbody electric guitars, this futuristic and comfort-contoured offset is about as far from a boxy archtop as can be imagined. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guitar failed to catch on with the jazz crowd, but instead gained early acceptance with ‘60s surf, and later, indie-rock, alternative, and even country players.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazzmaster features a comfortable “C” shape maple neck that plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this guitar is offered with white neck binding, pearl blocks, single-line “Fender Deluxe” tuners and matching painted headstock (on custom colors only). The patented “floating” tremolo, adjustable bridge with threaded saddles and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazzmaster pickups, wired to the signature rhythm and lead circuits, deliver classic tone and authentic Fender feel.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 "C"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 21
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage Jazzmaster® with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Pure Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Bridge Mounting: Floating
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Covers: Aged White
- Control Knobs: White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- String Trees: Butterfly
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tremolo Arm: Pop-In Vintage-Style Jazzmaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with "F" Logo
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle (Lead Circuit)
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs