The 1970s Telecaster Deluxe has been a cult classic among guitarists, especially in the indie and alternative rock spheres, and Fender has brought it back in its purest form. Equipped with a period-correct Mocha finish that screams 1970s design aesthetic, and a maple neck with a CBS Stratocaster-shaped headstock, the American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe is the iconic axe back with a vengeance. The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
On this Tele, Fender brought back authentic CuNiFe magnet Wide Range humbucker pickups in the past couple of years after not producing them for decades, and their unique tone definitely comes through in this guitar - they sit right between a PAF humbucker and a single-coil and sound great both clean and distorted. Nothing really sounds quite like they do.
For a unique yet classic take on the Telecaster that also fulfills humbucker guitar duties, this AVRI II 1975 Deluxe is definitely worth taking for a spin!
Initially introduced in 1972 and billed as the top model in the Telecaster® family, The Telecaster Deluxe holds the distinction of being Fender’s first solid-body Telecaster with two humbucking pickups. Like the original, the American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe sports a large Stratocaster®-style headstock, a '75 "C"-shape maple neck, a comfort-contoured belly cut, and pair of CuNiFe Wide Range humbucking pickups mounted to an elongated pickguard with dual volume and tone controls and a 3-way toggle located on the upper bout. Also characteristic of production in 1975, this Telecaster is outfitted with a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism and offered in Black, Mocha Brown, or 3-Color Sunburst over an alder body. Other features include a 6-Saddle hardtail bridge with stainless steel block saddles and vintage-accurate Tele® Deluxe tuners.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body: Alder
- Color: Mocha
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: 1975 "C"
- Neck Construction: 3-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Truss Rod Nut: Bullet Style
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle String-Through Body Hardtail with Stainless Steel Block Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 3-Screw Vintage-Style Hard-Tail
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickup Covers: Chrome
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Tele® Deluxe
- String Trees: Dual-Wing
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt “F” Stamped with Micro-Tilt™, Serialized
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Country Of Origin: US
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs