As premier Fender dealers, we're stoked to present this 1977 Telecaster Custom reissue in a gorgeous Wine finish from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
The 1970s Telecaster Custom has become loved as a fresh take on the Tele, offering individual volume and tone controls for each pickup, a 3-way toggle switch, and a classy elongated 3-ply pickguard along with a Wide Range neck humbucker pickup.
Along with feeling simply awesome to hold and play, this guitar also sounds absolutely killer in the tonal department. Along with the excellent Pure Vintage '77 Tele bridge pickup that has all the twang and punch you need from a Tele, Fender brought back authentic CuNiFe magnet Wide Range humbuckers in the past couple of years after not producing them for decades and put one in the neck position of this model. Its unique voicing definitely comes through in this guitar - it sits right between a PAF humbucker and a single-coil and sounds great both clean and distorted. Nothing really sounds quite like they do.
For a classic, yet unique take on the Telecaster, this AVRI II 1977 Custom is definitely worth giving a shot!
The Fender American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Telecaster Custom marked one of Fender’s earliest forays into the use of humbucking pickups. The Tele Custom featured a comfort-contoured belly cut, 3-way toggle located on the upper bout and dual volume and tone controls mounted to a stylish, elongated pickguard. The American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
This Tele features a Wide Range humbucking pickup in the neck position and a Pure Vintage '77 single-coil Tele pickup in the bridge position. To create an authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickup, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, which had been out of production since 1981, and are an essential element in recreating the sonics of the original. The American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom plays like a dream with a ‘77 “C”-shape hard rock maple neck with a 7.25” radius maple or rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Other features include a Tele bridge with 6 slotted steel barrel saddles, “F” stamped tuners, a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut and a three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt mechanism. Available in three finish options: Olympic White, 3-Color Sunburst, and Wine Red over an alder body.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Wine
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: 1977 "C"
- Neck Construction: 3-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 21
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Truss Rod Nut: Bullet Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Tele with Slotted Steel Barrel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 4-Screw Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickup Covers: Neck: Chrome; Bridge: Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Fender “F” Stamped
- String Trees: Dual-Wing
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt "F" Stamped with Micro-Tilt
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '77 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs