As premier Fender dealers, we're stoked to present this 1977 Telecaster Custom reissue in a timeless Olympic White finish from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
The 1970s Telecaster Custom has become loved as a fresh take on the Tele, offering individual volume and tone controls for each pickup, a 3-way toggle switch, and a classy elongated 3-ply pickguard along with a Wide Range neck humbucker pickup. Exclusive to this White color, this guitar also has a round-laminate rosewood fingerboard, an awesome mid-60s touch only offered on truly vintage-faithful reissues.
Along with feeling simply awesome to hold and play, this guitar also sounds absolutely killer in the tonal department. Along with the excellent Pure Vintage '77 Tele bridge pickup that has all the twang and punch you need from a Tele, Fender brought back authentic CuNiFe magnet Wide Range humbuckers in the past couple of years after not producing them for decades and put one in the neck position of this model. Its unique voicing definitely comes through in this guitar - it sits right between a PAF humbucker and a single-coil and sounds great both clean and distorted. Nothing really sounds quite like they do.
For a classic, yet unique take on the Telecaster, this AVRI II 1977 Custom is definitely worth giving a shot!
The American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom sports a '77 "C"-shape maple neck and a refreshed pickup configuration of a Pure Vintage '77 single-coil bridge and CuNiFe Wide Range neck. They are mounted to an elongated pickguard with dual volume and tone controls and a 3-way toggle located on the upper bout. It also features a vintage-accurate round-laminate rosewood fretboard. Also characteristic of production in 1977, this Telecaster is outfitted with a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism and offered in Olympic White over an alder body. Other features include a 6-Saddle hardtail bridge with stainless steel barrel saddles and vintage-accurate Tele® Custom tuners.
- Body: Alder
- Color: Olympic White
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Headstock: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: 1977 "C"
- Neck Construction: 3-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Number of Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Truss Rod Nut: Bullet Style
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Tele® with Slotted Steel Barrel Saddles
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Tele® Custom
- String Trees: Dual-Wing
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Neck Plate: 3-Bolt “F” Stamped with Micro-Tilt™, Serialized
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '77 Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Pickup Configuration: SH
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Case: Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior)
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Country Of Origin: US
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs