Telecaster in hand, Chrissie Hynde formed The Pretenders in 1979 and quickly established the band as a rock and roll powerhouse. Chrissie’s churning Tele rhythms have been the heartbeat of the band’s rugged sound from the very beginning.
The Chrissie Hynde Telecaster features an alder body finished in Faded Ice Blue Metallic Road Worn® lacquer, a custom mid-‘60s “C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25” radius fretboard - exactly matching Chrissie’s original, vintage-output Chrissie Hynde Tele pickups and a chrome mirror pickguard—all matching the unmistakable look and feel of Hynde’s treasured ’65 model.
- Alder body in Faded Ice Blue Metallic Road Worn™ finish
- Custom Mid-‘60s ”C”-Shaped Maple Neck with 7.25” Radius Rosewood Fretboard
- Custom Chrissie Hynde Single-Coil Pickups
- Chrome Mirror Pickguard
- Fender Vintage-Style 6-Saddle Tele Bridge
- Road Worn® Hardware
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Wood: Alder
- Finish: Aged Iced Blue Metallic Nitro Lacquer
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: Custom Mid-'60s C
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Frets: 21 Vintage Tall
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-through body Tele with Stainless Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Vintage-Style Locking
- Hardware Color: Aged Nickel/Chrome
- Pickups: Custom Vintage-style '50s Tele Single-Coils
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Switch
- Strings: Fender .009-.042
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs