We're proud to offer this new Limited-Edition Fender Custom Shop 1965 Stratocaster! The clean Closet Classic aging on the quintessential 3-tone sunburst finish gives this classy-looking instrument a vibe of an heirloom piece preserved with care over the decades.
This guitar is loaded with Fat 60s pickups, which do the typical "60s Strat" thing beautifully but are wound a little hotter for some extra punch. What makes this guitar extra special in the tone department though is the "Fat 50s 1/2 Blend" wiring, which not only acts as Treble Bleed that keeps your tone consistent as you work the volume knob, but the 2nd tone knob is instead a blend pot that allows you to get pickup combinations like Neck and Bridge (or mostly Neck with a little bit of the Bridge!) usually inaccessible on a regular Strat.
Another thing you'll quickly notice is going to be the way the gorgeous Flame Maple neck feels. They've sanded it down just a little bit so that it's silky smooth and doesn't have any of that stickiness that glossy necks can sometimes experience. It really feels like the neck on a guitar, finished in nitro, that has been played regularly for 15 - 20 years. Combined with the amazing fretwork, which is pure perfection, playing this guitar is a true joy.
Adorned with luxurious appointments such as a 3A Flame Maple neck, gold hardware, and a channel-bound fingerboard, this 1965 Stratocaster stands out from the rest. When you pick this guitar up, you immediately know it's a special instrument, and since it's built by Fender's Custom Shop team, it's sure to not only meet but exceed your expectations.
With a 9.5"-radius fingerboard for comfortable playing and pickups, a unique wiring scheme, gold hardware, and vintage appointments that call back to the era of psychedelic Strat tone and the Summer of Love, this limited-edition Strat® combines the best of the past and present and adds on some unique aesthetic touches for a truly "Custom Shop" guitar. Includes deluxe hardshell case, ashtray cover for the bridge, strap, and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Stratocaster® Closet Classic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Tone Sunburst
- Color: 3-Tone Sunburst Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 3A Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: 65 Strat "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall / 6105
- String Nut: Bone Graphite
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop "V" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat® RW/RP
- Neck Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat®
- Controls: Fat 50's Strat Half Blend (Volume, Master Tone, Blender Pot for Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Way Switch
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Vintage Strat® Gold
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Gold
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment Nitro Coated
- Control Knobs: Strat®
- Switch Tips: Strat®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs