We're proud to offer this new Limited-Edition Fender Custom Shop 1965 Stratocaster! The clean Closet Classic aging on the awesome Ice Blue Metallic finish gives this classy-looking instrument a vibe of an heirloom piece preserved with care over the decades. This is the second guitar in a special run of '65 Strats we ordered, the other being a 3-Tone Sunburst. Ice Blue Metallic may not be as iconic of a color as the Sunburst, but it has a gorgeous and unique vibe all its own that's sure to draw both your and your audience's attention.
This guitar is loaded with Fat 60s pickups, which do the typical "60s Strat" thing beautifully but are wound a little hotter for some extra punch. What makes this guitar extra special in the tone department though is the "Fat 50s 1/2 Blend" wiring, which not only acts as Treble Bleed that keeps your tone consistent as you work the volume knob, but the 2nd tone knob is instead a blend pot that allows you to get pickup combinations like Neck and Bridge (or mostly Neck with a little bit of the Bridge!) usually inaccessible on a regular Strat.
Another thing you'll quickly notice is going to be the way the gorgeous Flame Maple neck feels. They've sanded it down just a little bit so that it's silky smooth and doesn't have any of that stickiness that glossy necks can sometimes experience. It really feels like the neck on a guitar, finished in nitro, that has been played regularly for 15 - 20 years. Combined with the amazing fretwork, which is pure perfection, playing this guitar is a true joy.
Adorned with luxurious appointments such as a 3A Flame Maple neck, gold hardware, and a channel-bound fingerboard, this 1965 Stratocaster stands out from the rest. When you pick this guitar up, you immediately know it's a special instrument, and since it's built by Fender's Custom Shop team, it's sure to not only meet but exceed your expectations.
With a 9.5"-radius fingerboard for comfortable playing and pickups, a unique wiring scheme, gold hardware, and vintage appointments that call back to the era of psychedelic Strat tone and the Summer of Love, this limited-edition Strat® combines the best of the past and present and adds on some unique aesthetic touches for a truly "Custom Shop" guitar. Includes deluxe hardshell case, ashtray cover for the bridge, strap, and Certificate of Authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: Stratocaster® Closet Classic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Ice Blue Metallic
- Color: Ice Blue Metallic Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 3A Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: 65 Strat "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall / 6105
- String Nut: Bone Graphite
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop "V" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat® RW/RP
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat 60s Strat®
- Controls: Fat 50's Strat Half Blend (Volume, Master Tone, Blender Pot for Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Way Switch
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Vintage Strat® Gold
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Gold
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment Nitro Coated
- Control Knobs: Strat® Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Strat® Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs
|Promotion||20% OFF IN CART!|