We're proud to offer this new Limited-Edition Fender Custom Shop LTD 70s Telecaster Custom! The tasteful relic job on the gorgeous piano-like black finish gives the guitar some great mojo and a period-specific vibe of a well-loved gigging machine, just as these instruments were intended for.
Beyond the vintage-accurate tone of the CuNiFe Wide Range humbucker and the punchy Twisted Tele bridge pickup that harkens back to the 70s, the first thing you're likely to notice when you get this guitar into your hands is going to be the way the neck feels. They've sanded it down just a little bit so that it's silky smooth and doesn't have any of that stickiness that glossy necks can sometimes experience. It really feels like the neck on a guitar, finished in nitro, that has been played regularly for 15 - 20 years. Combined with the amazing fretwork, which is pure perfection, playing this guitar is a true joy.
You know you're getting a special instrument in your hands any time you pick up something built by Fender's Custom Shop team, and this guitar is sure to not only meet but exceed your expectations.
It may look like a vintage Tele® at first glance, but when you pick up this Tele® you’ll find a guitar packed with all the player-oriented features you could want. With a 9.5"-radius fingerboard for comfortable playing and pickups, hardware, and wiring specs that calls back to the late 60s and early 70s, this limited-edition Tele® combines the best of the past and present for the ultimate player’s guitar. The lightweight two-piece select ash body wears a Relic finish, giving it the look and feel of a well-loved guitar that’s been played hard for years.
Includes deluxe hardshell case, ashtray cover for the bridge, strap, and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Telecaster® Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Black
- Color: Aged Black Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 60s Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall / 6105
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop "V" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Twisted Tele™ Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: CuNiFe Wide Range™ Humbucker
- Controls: '72 Tele Custom (Volume, Tone, Volume, Tone)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: SH
- Bridge: '67 Tele®
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: '72 Tele®
- Switch Tips: '72 Tele®
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs