When you think '80s & '90s rock, very few bassists come to mind before the legendary Guns N' Roses' own Duff McKagan. His hard-hitting grooves are arguably just as iconic and integral to the Guns' sound as his top-hatted bandmate's guitar riffs are, and both his playing and tone are instantly recognizable when listening to their music. His newest Fender signature P-Bass is a refined take on the basses he's used over the years, particularly the one he used to record Appetite for Destruction in this case. The White Pearl finish looks awesome and is one of the more unique Fender colors, one that we wish they used on more instruments. The painted neck and pearl inlays are also unique features for a Fender bass and add a classy luxurious touch to the instrument.
It's truly awesome how Fender was able to work with Duff to create an instrument that manages to both capture the classic sounds he got back then whilst still being a modern-playing and feeling instrument. The Seymour Duncan Jazz Stack bridge pickup combines with the powerful Fender split-coil for a P/J set that covers all bases (no pun intended) with zero noise, while the innovative Hipshot Bass Xtender allows you to instantly drop tune your low E without hassle.
This bass isn't only for McKagan fans or GNR fans, but for any bassist looking to get a very good quality instrument with high-end features, a unique rock n' roll look, and tonal versatility.
The Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass is based on the ‘80s Jazz Bass Special he used while recording Appetite for Destruction. An evolution of his signature model, this bass adds player-friendly features and stylistic touches that Duff demands. Alder is a classic body wood with a warm tonality and features well-defined highs and a punchy attack. The rosewood fingerboard features pearloid block inlays—a classic aesthetic touch that give this bass a touch of elegance. This bass matches a split-coil Precision Bass neck pickup with a Jazz Bass® single-coil bridge pickup for tonal versatility. The Hipshot Bass Xtender allows you to simply flip a lever to instantly and accurately drop-tune your bass’ E-string. The stealthy and subtle black chrome hardware is durable and adds a cool rock aesthetic to this instrument. The TBX (Treble Bass Expander) tone control acts as a normal tone control until positions 6 to 10 the resistance drops, letting more bass, treble and presence through.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Color: White Pearl
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Black Painted Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Fender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear with Hipshot® Bass Xtender "Drop D" on the E String
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master TBX™ Tone Control
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: PJ
- Series: Artist
- Country Of Origin: Mexico
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 9.2 lbs