Fender Duo-Sonic HS Electric Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard - Surf Green
SIZE MATTERS NOT
A modernized version of a student-turned-classic instrument originally released in 1956, the Duo-Sonic HS model’s compact form belies its giant-sized sound. It’s the ideal companion for adventurous players who aren’t afraid to buck the norm and shatter expectations.
24" SCALE LENGTH
This classic shorter scale was originally offered during the 1960s on Fender classics such as the Jaguar and Mustang guitars. The 24" scale remains an authentic Fender design element still offered today.
Clear and punchy-sounding, thanks to their vintage-spec output, Duo-Sonic single-coil and humbucking pickups add a unique character to the guitar’s voice. The instrument’s pure Fender tone shines through with enhanced upper harmonics and an articulate midrange that easily cuts through a mix.
MODERN "C"-SHAPED NECK
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary “C”-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5” fingerboard radius and medium jumbo frets—ideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
The Duo-Sonic features a three-way toggle pickup switch, giving you either the bridge or neck pickup alone, or both. The push/pull tone control knob selects just the bridge coil of the Duo-Sonic humbucking bridge pickup, unlocking a variety of tones.
SIX-SADDLE STRING-THROUGH-BODY HARDTAIL BRIDGE
This model features a hardtail six-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain. The string-through-body design enhances string-to-body vibration transfer for added sustain.
ENGRAVED NECK PLATE
This Duo-Sonic model features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender “F” logo—a classic design element for Fender instruments.
- 24” scale length; “C”-shaped maple neck
- One Duo-Sonic single-coil neck pickup; one Duo-Sonic humbucking bridge pickup with coil-split capability
- 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets
- Six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge with bent steel saddles
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material : Alder
- Body Finish : Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape : Duo-Sonic™
- Neck Material : Maple
- Neck Finish : Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape : "C" Shape
- Scale Length : 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material : Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius : 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets : 22
- Fret Size : Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material : Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width : 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays : Aged White Dot
- Truss Rod : Standard
- Bridge Pickup : Duo-Sonic™ Humbucking
- Neck Pickup : Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil
- Controls : Master Volume, Master Tone (with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature)
- Switching : 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration : HS
- Bridge : 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish : Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines : Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard : 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs : Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip : Chrome
- Neck Plate : 4-Bolt
- Strings :Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)