An icon of alternative rock, J Mascis’ penchant for running Fender® guitars into stacks of amps to create massive fuzzy riffs, incendiary leads and huge hooks have made his work in Dinosaur Jr. and on solo records an indispensable part of rock history, influencing countless artists to follow.
The J Mascis Telecaster® recreates J’s favorite guitar, an original 1958 top-loader Tele®, with which he recorded most of his lead work throughout his career. Features include a Dazzling Blue Sparkle finish, mirrored chrome pickguard, custom J Mascis Telecaster pickups, top-loader bridge and Road Worn® maple neck and hardware.
Dazzling Blue Sparkle Finish
Recreates the iconic blue sparkle finish on J’s beloved refinished ’58 Telecaster.
Custom J Mascis Telecaster Pickups
Voiced to replicate the vintage Tele pickups from J’s original guitar, these custom single-coils deliver the snappy highs and snarly mids that set J’s amp on fire.
Top-Loader Telecaster Bridge
An uncommon configuration used briefly in the late fifties and early sixties, top-loaded Telecaster bridges provide slightly lower string tension for slinkier bends and softer attack perfect for rock’n’roll.
Custom J Mascis "C" Neck
Shaped to J’s specifications, this neck is comfortably thin with a satin finish that provides a smooth and easy playing experience.
Road Worn® Neck and Hardware
Our Road Worn® aging process adds tasteful wear to provide a well-loved look and feel.
Chrome Mirror Pickguard
Locking tuners make string changeJust like J’s original guitar, the J Mascis Telecaster is equipped with a striking chrome mirror pickguard, making an unmistakable statement on stage or at home.s quick and easy, while improving tuning stability.
- Dazzling Blue Sparkle Finish & Mirror Pickguard
- Custom J Mascis Telecaster Pickups
- Top-loader Bridge
- Custom J Mascis “C” shape neck with Jumbo frets
- Road Worn® neck and hardware
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge Pickup: J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele® Single-Coil
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Topload Tele® with Barrel Brass Saddles
- Case/Gig Bag: Included: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Color: Bottle Rocket Blue Flake
- Configuration: SS
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Pickup: J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele® Single-Coil
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Mirrored Chrome
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Subtype: Electric Guitars
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Out of Phase), Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Type: Electric Guitars