This product has been discontinued.
While all artist signature Fender guitars that come through here at the shop are excellent instruments, there have been a few cases over the years when there are just some slight differences from the non-signature standard models that may leave something to be desired - that has never been the case with Jim Root's series of Fender axes. Even non-metal players such as myself have grown to love the perfect balance of respect towards Fender tradition and making it something all the artist's own, and this beastly USA-made Jazzmaster in a sleek Flat Black is no exception.
Keeping the vintage Jazzmaster body shape and 60s-style headstock shape, Root and Fender stripped down the JM canvas and made it a lean, mean metal machine with a rock-solid hardtail bridge, a simplified control layout and the renowned EMG 80 and 61 pickups that have become the gold standard for modern metal tone.
If you're a Slipknot fan, a modern metal player who's looking to pick up a great Fender guitar or just an appreciator of Jazzmasters who wants something off the beaten path, this Jim Root Jazzmaster would make a fine addition to your collection!
Stark, dark and menacing, the crushing Jim Root Jazzmaster guitar has got to be the most distinctively minimalist version of the instrument ever devised in the model's entire half-century history. At the behest of the towering Slipknot guitarist, gone are the dual tone circuits and barrage of controls. Gone are the fret position markers and enormous chrome bridge. Gone, in fact, is pretty much everything typical of a Jazzmaster, replaced only by fearsome EMG® humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers, single three-way switch and single volume knob, a hardtail bridge and little else.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 60
- Controls: Master Volume
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3.
- Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell
- Included Accessories: Strap, Polishing Cloth, Cable, Straplocks, Owner's Manual
- Instrument Weight: 9.2 lbs