As front man and main songwriter of legendary punk band, The Clash, Joe Strummer created a fiery, passion-filled brand of up-tempo punk-rock that catapulted the band into rock and roll history. Strummer’s rebellious musical sensibilities injected the band’s songs with the lightning-in-a-bottle political urgency of the era.
To capture the vibe of Joe’s well-worn ’66 model, the Joe Strummer Telecaster® features a Road Worn® lacquer-finished Alder body, a mid-‘60s “C”-shape maple neck with 7.25” radius Rosewood fingerboard and a set of custom-voiced Joe Strummer Telecaster® pickups. Other features include a vintage-style 6-saddle Telecaster® bridge, era-correct 3-ply parchment pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines and a custom neck plate, all featuring Fender’s Road Worn® finish to complete the look.
- Alder body with Road Worn® Lacquer finish
- Maple neck with 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard
- Custom Neckplate
- Vintage-style 6-Saddle Tele Bridge
- Custom Joe Strummer ‘60s Single-Coil Tele® Pickups
- Road Worn® Vintage-Style Hardware
A light resonant wood known for balanced tone and a fat, punchy attack.
MID-‘60s “C”-SHAPE MAPLE NECK WITH ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
The comfortable and familiar neck profile allows easy playability up and down the neck, while the rosewood fingerboard adds complementary warmth to the snap of the maple neck.
7.25” RADIUS FINGERBOARD WITH 21 VINTAGE-STYLE FRETS
Vintage-spec fingerboard and frets like they came from the factory in the ‘50s and ‘60s.
CUSTOM JOE STRUMMER '60s SINGLE-COIL TELECASTER PICKUPS
Custom Joe Strummer Vintage single-coil ‘60s Telecaster pickups allow players to capture classic Tele tone.
ROAD WORN® VINTAGE-STYLE HARDWARE
From the vintage-style tuners and 6-saddle Telecaster bridge to the knurled knobs and control plate, the Road Worn hardware recreates the look of a well-played vintage instrument.
ROAD WORN® LACQUER FINISH
The Road Worn lacquer finish aging process emulates the wear and tear on Joe Strummers’ original, well-loved Tele.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Joe Strummer Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Joe Strummer Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele®
- Hardware Finish: Aged Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style, Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.3 lbs