Calling all funk-meisters out there! Contemporary funk guitarist and groove master Cory Wong's signature Strat is back and better than ever with two gorgeous limited-edition finishes - Daphne Blue & Surf Green! These classic Fender custom colors instantly bring back vibes of the '50s and '60s, and they really fit Cory's aesthetic and style so well. This is one of the coolest signature guitars to have left Fender's doorstep in years.
Based on Cory's favorite Strat growing up, this guitar features his signature pickups that are just punchy shimmering cleans and crystal-clear, sweet overdriven leads for days. The Seymour Duncan-made set tightens up the loose bottom end and ice-picky highs of vintage pickups whilst retaining all the great qualities we know and love from them. And we found the addition of a "4th position panic switch" - a push-push button on the tone knob that automatically defaults the guitar to the famed "quack" neck/middle position - both hilarious and supremely useful.
We also found the slightly slimmer body very cool - in conjunction with the contoured heel, it almost makes the guitar feel like a modern "shred" instrument in ergonomic comfort whilst still staying a vintage-style Strat through and through. And the Modern D neck profile is just perfect for chording and rhythmic playing.
In addition to the man himself, Cory's close friend John Mayer was spotted playing Cory's Strat for a couple songs on his recent Sob Rock tour. If it's good enough for Cory, John, and tons of other amazing players out there, it's good enough for you and I!
Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong’s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster® is a tribute to Cory’s favorite Fender®, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master’s needs.
The satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat®, while the scaled-down alder body – slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster – combined with American Ultra Modern “D” neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14” radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to “Position 4”. Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory’s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Color: Surf Green
- Neck: Maple, Modern “D”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 10” to 14” Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (64.77 cm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® Cory
- Wong Clean Machine Single Coil (Neck, Middle)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3.
- Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs