For players who want the style sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘60s Mustang Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all of the seismic tone that made the Mustang Bass a legend.
For authentic Fender tone we voiced the split-coil ‘60s Mustang Bass pickup to sound like the original. Punchy and growling, it has the tone that made Fender the choice of electric bassists. The “Mid ‘60s Mustang C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 19 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include master volume and tone controls, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: Vintera '60s Mustang Bass®, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model #: 0149653300
- Series: Vintera
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang® Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Thin "C"
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets Size: Vintage
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang® Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (Gauges .045 - .105)