The new L•1000 Series 750 is the latest G&L five string bass featuring 19mm string spacing at the bridge, just like Leo Fender’s four-string basses. Series 750 refers to an SAE measurement of “three-quarter-inch” string spacing: 3/4″ = 0.750″ = 19.03mm = nineteen millimeters.
L•1000 Series 750 is the “Widebody Wunkay” built with G&L’s “Wide 5” Saddle Lock bridge plate that houses five of the very same saddles used on G&L four-string basses. That extra space is neatly packed into a curvaceous new body drawing on classic Fender Avenue forms. A new MFD humbucker has been modified for its largest footprint ever, but special care was taken to ensure harmonic fidelity while capturing deep B-string energy.
The “Widebody Wunkay” is a fresh model yet classic Fender Avenue details are everywhere. The graceful early CLF/G&L headstock flows into a slim, rounded neck profile supported by a true dual-action truss rod and twin graphite reinforcement rods. Authentic 1980 cues continue with chunky CLF machined knobs, sweeping control plate, and three-position mini-toggle switch for coil control including the famous L•1000 “OMG” mode.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, ASAT, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
- Pickups: G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickup
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Fingerboard: Caribbean Rosewood
- Neck Profile: CLF/G&L 1.78" nut width-slim C with 9-1/2" radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Tuning Keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Bridge: Leo Fender-designed 19mm Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Electronics: 3-position mini toggle for parallel/split/OMG pickup modes, volume, treble, bass
- Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell
- No Options Available
- Instrument Weight: 10.1 lbs