In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender† was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF™ Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The new CLF Research L•2500 pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced aluminum CLF knobs, elegant-chrome control plate housing the Tri-Tone Preamp* and color-coded mini toggle switch tips.
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Old School Tobacco Sunburst over Okoume and Natural over Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Caribbean Rosewood
- NECK PROFILE: CLF/G&L 1.750" nut width-slim C with 9 1/2" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
- No Options Available
- Instrument Weight: 10.1 lbs