The new CLF Research Skyhawk™ brings back the best of 1980s CLF style and packs it with today's G&L performance.
It starts with George Fullerton's evolved double cutaway with a hint of offset, a slim waist and generous curves. This very comfortable body is complemented by his arched pickguard shape, his most pleasing iteration of the form.
The experience heightens with the tactile delight of those beautiful CLF knobs shimmering from an authentic CLF powder coated control plate. A 3/16" diameter stainless steel CLF vibrato arm continues the period look and feel. And of course, there's the legendary tone of those MFD single coil pickups shared with the modern S-500. Unlike the Skyhawks of the 1980s, the CLF Research Skyhawk leaves no tones behind, thanks to the addition of the S-500's mini-toggle expander with colored cap. The theme continues up the neck, thanks to the rounded, fast shape of the G&L Modern Classic profile with 9.5" radius paired with the slick feel of an old gloss finish. The original CLF/G&L Skyhawk headstock features a CLF string retainer and original style logo artwork.
- Model: CLF Research Skyhawk
- Color: Clear Blue
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss, Vintage Tint
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo, Nickel, PLEK
- Pickups: G&L MFD Single-Coils
- Control Knobs: Volume, Passive Bass, Passive Treble
- Switches: Mini-Toggle Expander, 5-Position Pickup Selector
- Bridge: G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
- Tuners: G&L Standard
- Case: G&G Black Tolex Hardshell
- Spec Sheet and Certificate of Authenticity Included
- Instrument Weight: 9.7 lbs