The Fullerton Deluxe Comanche bundles some of the most time-honored option combinations from the G&L Option Order menu. All FD Comanche guitars feature swamp ash and alder bodies, with ideal pickguard pairings to set off the colors just right. That elegance continues up the neck with the G&L Clear Tint Satin finish.
The G&L Comanche® is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you’ll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design™ Z-Coil™ pickups designed by Leo Fender† himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comanche’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass)* system. What’s more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle Expander Switch** to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT® Special. Talk about versatile!
Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo’s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ Z-Coil™ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash and Alder
- NECK WOOD: Clear Tint Satin Hard-Rock Maple
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with forged brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB™ system), mini-toggle expander switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: G&L deluxe gig bag
- INSTRUMENT WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs