The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny® bundles some of the most time-honored option combinations from the G&L Option Order menu.
The Doheny takes the bolt-on offset-body into new sonic territory with newly developed Magnetic Field Design™ jazz pickups, the first on any production G&L. Naturally, these new pickups will invite comparison to Leo’s jumbo MFD™ ASAT® Special pickups, given they employ a narrow bobbin aperture and broad coil splay. But Doheny’s MFD pickups are more about jangle than twang, just as they should be for a guitar like this. With a classic jazz bobbin aperture wrapped with traditional Formvar wire, these pickups just might be the approach Leo would have taken had he been with us a few years longer.
The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
- Model: Fullerton Deluxe Doheny
- Color: Lake Placid Blue Metallic
- Wood: Alder
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell Shell
- Material: Maple
- Fretboard: Caribbean Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Satin, Vintage Tint
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8”
- string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed
- Inlays: White Pearl Dots
- Pickups: G&L MFD Wide-Bobbin Single-Coils
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Passive Treble, 1x Passive Bass
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
- Tuners: G&L 12:1 Ratio Standard
- Case: G&L Deluxe Gig Bag
- Certificate of Authenticity and Spec Sheet Included
- Instrument Weight: 8.7 lbs.