The G&L ASAT® Classic is Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup created by Leo Fender delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD™ neck pickup and you’ll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you’ll find a whole ‘nother level of heaven.
The ASAT Classic’s hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
- Model: ASAT Classic
- Color: Butterscotch Blonde
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Body Contours: Front and Rear
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Finish: Satin Clear
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Pickups: ASAT Classic MFD Single-Coils
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Boxed-Steel w/6-Saddles
- Tuners: G&L Standard 12:1 Ratio
- Spec Sheet and Certificate of Authenticity Included
- Case: Deluxe Black Tolex Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.1 lbs