The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil which is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones.
- G&L USA ASAT Special
- Sonic Blue w/Matching Headstock
- Lightweight Basswood Body
- Original Leo Spec Body Depth
- G&L Modern Classic Neck Profile - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Satin Clear Neck Finish
- Carribean Rosewood (similar to Pau Ferro in tonality)
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 22 PLEK Dressed Medium Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- G&L Jumbo Single Coil MFD Pickups (Bridge and Neck)
- 3 Way Blade Switch
- Volume and Tone Control
- G&L Saddle-Lock Bridge
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard (matching pickup covers)
- Individually Adjustable Saddles
- G&L Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs