The G&L Comanche® is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, and the ASAT Z-3 is like packing a Comanche into an ASAT body. Like the Comanche, the first thing you’ll notice about the ASAT Z-3 is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design™ Z-Coil™ pickups designed by Leo Fender† himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume. What’s more, the ASAT Z-3 includes a push/pull tone pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT® Special. Talk about versatile! And like the ASAT Special, the Z-3 maximizes sustain with Leo’s Saddle-Lock™ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
- G&L USA ASAT Z-3
- Swamp Ash Body
- Maple Neck
- G&L Modern C Neck Profile - Satin Finish
- Maple Fretboard
- 12" Fretboard Radius
- 1 11/16" Nut Width
- Bone Nut
- 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- 3 Magnetic Field Design Z-Coil Pickups
- Mini Toggle Switch - Enables Neck + Bridge or All Three Simultaneously
- 5 Way Switch
- G&L Solid Brass Top Loading Hardtail Bridge
- Chrome-Platted Brass Saddles
- G&L Sealed Tuning Machines 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- Chrome Hardware
- Black Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Owners Info, Certificate of Authenticity, and Specs Sheet Included