Leo Fender’s lost design from ‘69 takes on a whole new vibe with twin humbuckers in the G&L Espada HH. The latest in double-hum guitars from G&L, it's wrapped in a gorgeous shape tucked away for decades at CLF Research.
Espada HH features a set of G&L alnico humbuckers: clean and classic at the neck with a little more juice at the bridge, the same pairing found in other popular G&L HH models. The expansive Espada control plate houses volume, treble and bass controls, each capped by a beautiful chrome CLF Research knob, plus twin mini-toggles: a coil-split for both pickups and an output kill-switch.Then there’s the legendary bridge design from ‘79: Leo Fender’s G&L Saddle Lock hardtail which delivers superb sustain with comfort and style.
The result is audible in every pickup setting, from jangly single-coil tones that defy split-humbucker expectations, to overdriven humbucker tones with crisp detail and definition. There’s always more to explore with Espada HH, and every journey is as exciting as the destination.
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Finish: Cherryburst
- Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern Classic .820 - .870
- Neck Finish: Gloss Vintage Tint
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard Wood: Caribbean Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: White Pearl Blocks
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Nickel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1 5/8"
- Nut: Bone
- Bridge: Saddle-Lock
- Tuners: Kluson
- Hardware Color: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Neck Pickup: G&L AS4255Z Zebra Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: G&L AW4470Z Zebra Humbucker
- Controls: 3-Way Pickup Switch, Coil-Split Switch, Output Kill-Switch
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 .010-.046
- Case: G&L Deluxe Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs