G&L USA Comanche Electric Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard, Hard Case - Candy Apple Red Metallic
The G&L Comanche is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you’ll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design Z-Coil pickups designed by Leo Fender himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comanche’s PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system. What’s more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle expander switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special. Talk about versatile!
Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo’s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on.
- G&L USA Comanche
- Candy Apple Red Metallic
- Basswood Body
- Hard Rock Maple Neck - Satin Vintage Tint
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Modern Classic Neck Shape: 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Bone Nut
- 22 Frets
- 3 Magnetic Field Design Z-Coil Pickups
- Mini Toggle Switch - Enables Neck + Bridge or All Three Simultaneously
- 5-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge
- Chrome-Platted Brass Saddles
- G&L Sealed Tuning Machines 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- Chrome Hardware
- White Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Serial #: CLF1704223
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs.