G&L USA JB-5 5-String Electric Bass, Maple Fingerboard, Hard Case - Natural Gloss
In the decade since G&L began offering bassists a made-in-Fullerton jazz style bass, the G&L JB has delighted players with classic Alnico tones served up with more attack and sustain thanks to its G&L Saddle Lock bridge designed by Leo Fender. Today, the G&L JB-5 applies this formula to a five-string platform with an easy-playing neck featuring 1.775" nut width and slim rear profile for enhanced comfort.
This JB-5 projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its comfortable 9 1/2" radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets deliver silky playability. It's Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
- G&L USA JB-5 Bass
- Swamp Ash Body
- Hard-rock Maple Neck and Fretboard - Clear Gloss Finish
- G&L Modern C5 Neck Shape - Exclusive to the Kiloton 5 and JB-5. 1.775" nut width, generous edge roll, medium taper from 0.810" at 1st fret to 0.910" at 12th fret
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- Bone Nut
- 22 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- 34" Scale Length
- G&L JB Alnico V Single-Coil Pickups
- Knobs: Volume, Volume, Tone
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra-Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 3-Ply Black Pickguard
- Model Logo Delete (only G&L logo appears on the headstock)
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 9.5 lbs.