G&L USA Kiloton 4-String Electric Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Hard Case - Shoreline Gold
What happens when you pack Leo Fender's potent Magnetic Field Design bass humbucker into the sleek shape of his SB-2? The new G&L Kiloton: explosive power that's easy to handle.
Kiloton's silhouette is the most comfortable bass body ever created by Leo. It's compact and pure, with every curve and contour perfectly executed. And now it's carrying more firepower than ever, with Leo's G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucker placed right in the sweet spot he specified back when the sign over our door still read "CLF Research."
Kiloton's single MFD bucker fires without the aid of a preamp, while a 3-position series/split/parallel toggle harnesses the coils' power. Simple volume and tone controls are devastatingly effective, revealing a wide range of textures Leo's MFD bucker is famous for. What's more, Kiloton is armed with a 6-bolt neck and Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer all the energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Kiloton is a new force of nature, wrought from Leo's elements and ready for impact. Click the the Video Demo tab to hear it, then get to your G&L dealer to experience it.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Kiloton is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
- G&L USA Kiloton Bass
- Shoreline Gold
- Alder Body
- Quartersawn Maple Neck - Satin Clear Finish
- G&L Medium C - 1 ½” nut width traditional to a J bass, Leo brought it with him to Fender Avenue for the ASAT Bass and SB-2. 1 1/2” nut width, generous edge roll, and medium taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.920” at 12th fret. These specs were part of the #6 and #8 necks.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 34"
- G&L MFD Pickup
- Series/Single Coil/Parallel Mini-Toggle
- Knobs: Volume, Tone
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra-Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply White Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 9.1 lbs