G&L USA L-2500 5-String Electric Bass, Maple Fingerboard, Hard Case - Galaxy Black
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste. A decade and a half after the L-2000 shocked the bass world, the L-2500 five string version took the power of the L-2000 to new lows.
The foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. With the addition of a meaty low 'B', the L-2500 brings a crushing bottom end that's tight and well defined. What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2" radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the L-2500 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, and neck profiles.
- G&L USA L-2500 5-String Bass
- Galaxy Black
- Basswood Body
- Maple Neck and Fretboard - Gloss Vintage Tint
- G&L Modern 5 String 'C' Neck Shape - 1 ¾” nut width, generous edge roll, medium taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.940” at 12th fret. Starts out just like the 4-string 1 ¾” medium C and fans out to a wider heel. These specs were part of the #10 neck. For 5-string basses only.
- 12" Fretboard Radius
- 21 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- 34" Scale Length
- G&L MFD Pickups
- G&L Tri-Tone Electronic System
- Pickup Selector Mini-Toggle
- Series/Parallel Mini-Toggle
- Active/Passive Mini-Toggle
- Knobs: Volume, Passive Treble, Passive Bass
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Serial #: CLF1801194
- Instrument Weight: 9.5 lbs.