G&L USA LB-100 4-String Electric Bass, Carribean Rosewood Fingerboard, Hard Case - Shell Pink
The G&L LB-100 made its debut twenty years ago in response to bassists asking for a subtle evolution of the p-style platform. With a slightly streamlined body shape for improved comfort and balance, the LB-100 also brought the G&L Saddle Lock bridge for richer note definition and sustain. In the late ‘90s tastes were changing and the popularity of the p-style platform waned, and the LB-100 was discontinued.
While the tone remains unchanged, thanks to a faithful recreation of the original LB-100 Alnico V pickup wound in-house at G&L, playability is enhanced with Plek fret processing making this LB-100 the best yet.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the LB-100 is now available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
- G&L USA LB-100 Bass
- Shell Pink
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck - Satin Clear Finish
- Caribbean Rosewood (aka Chechen) Fretboard
- Medium C Neck Shape - 1 5/8” nut width sits right between the traditional P and J bass widths, and Leo offered this nut width in the ‘80s. Generous edge roll with a medium depth and taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.940” at 12th fret. These specs were part of the #11 and #12 necks.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 21 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- Pearl Dot Inlays
- Scale Length: 34"
- G&L LB-100 Alnico V Split-Coil Humbucking Pickup
- Volume/Tone Controls
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Individually Adjustable Saddles
- G&L Ultra Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Serial #: CLF1803178
- Instrument Weight: 8.9 lbs.