G&L USA S-500 Electric Guitar, Carribean Rosewood Fingerboard, Hard Case - Shell Pink
The G&L S-500 debuted in 1982 as Leo’s own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Fulcrum vibrato and Magnetic Field Design single-coil pickups, each designed by Leo Fender himself. These MFD pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end and robust bottom end, all without losing midrange focus.
You’ll find plenty of punch in the MFD pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the S-500’s PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups. What’s more, the S-500 includes a mini-toggle switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special. Talk about versatile!
The S-500 features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. Leo’s forward-looking spirit is clearly reflected in the S-500, a guitar he designed for players who share that spirit. If that's sounds like you, you owe it to yourself to check out the S-500.
- Model: S-500
- Color: Shell Pink
- Body Wood: Alder
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Fretboard: Caribbean Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Finish: Satin Light Tint
- Scale: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: Medium Jumbo, Nickel
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- Pickups: S-500 Single-Coils
- Controls: Volume, Passive Treble, Passive Bass
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch, Mini-Toggle Expander
- Bridge: Dual Fulcrum Vibrato
- Tuners: Standard 12:1 Ratio