Gretsch G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollow Body Single-Cut Guitar with Bigsby, Laurel Fretboard, Walnut Stain
Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The G5420T Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby® features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron™ pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, the G5420T also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back tuning machines, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and a Bigsby® B60 vibrato tailpiece.
This resplendent instrument comes in standout Airline Silver with black pickguard or in Azure Metallic, Orange Stain and Walnut Stain with silver pickguard. All models feature nickel hardware.
It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Binding: White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Shape: Electromatic® Hollow Body
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Fingerboard: Laurel
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi with Black Gretsch® and Electromatic® Logos
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Pickup: FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- Side Dots: Black
- Headstock Binding: White
- Waist: 9.625" (244.48 mm)
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Bigsby® B60
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Refinement Pickups: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bracing: Trestle Block
- Upper Bout: 11.625" (295 mm)
- Lower Bout: 16" (406 mm)
- String Nut: Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Bridge Pickup: FT-5E Filter’Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Secured Laurel Base
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Gig Bag G2162 (p/n 099-6458-000); G6241FT Hardshell Case (p/n 099-6475-000)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Material: Maple
- Refinement Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Classic "C"
- Refinement Neck Shape: C Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)