Gretsch G6120T-BSNSH Brian Setzer Signature Nashville Hollow Body Guitar with Bigsby, Ebony Fingerboard, Black Lacquer
It's always a pleasure to present a Gretsch beauty like this - check out this gorgeous Gretsch G6120ST Signature Brian Setzer Nashville in a phenomenally classy black lacquer finish! Listen up, all you Stray Cats fans - this axe is made to Brian's exact standards and it rocks hard and loosk good doing it.
At the heart of the guitar are Setzer's signature TV Jones Filtertron pickups, which are slightly overwound takes on the quintessential Gretsch tone. Chimey, growly, crisp, and clear all at once, clean or distorted. Another thing that sets Brian's guitar apart from the typical G6120 ar the oversized f-holes which make the guitar more acoustically resonant, as well as a compound radius ebony fretboard that plays lighting fast and is almost vaguely reminiscent of a modern shredder for such a traditional-looking guitar. Make no mistake though, the playing feel and neck shape are still distinctly classic.
If you're looking for a flagship Gretsch archtop to add to your collection but want a little more out of it than the norm in terms of both playability and tonal output, Brian Setzer's signature axe is definitely a good place to start.
The single-cutaway hollow body of the G6120T in stunning Black Lacquer is equipped with an arched maple top with 1959 trestle bracing and oversized F-holes for improved sonic projection. The maple neck has a 9.5"-12” compound radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges for comfortable chording or speedy riffing across 22 medium frets and mother of pearl Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays. Dual TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter’Tron™ pickups deliver tight and punchy lows with a slightly hotter output that captures Brian’s iconic lively tone.
Other performance-enhancing features include period-correct control locations with a three-position pickup toggle switch, three-position tone switch, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and individual bridge and neck pickup volume controls, Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned rosewood base, Bigsby® B6C vibrato tailpiece, Delrin® nut and Gotoh® locking tuning machines.
The G6120T-BSNSH duly impresses with period-correct gold pickguard shape, size and bracket, white body and neck binding, nickel hardware and rocking, seven-come-eleven dice knobs.
- Model Number: 2401216806
- Series: Artist Signature
- Family: Nashville® / G6120
- Color: Black Lacquer
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Nashville® / G6120
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: 1959 Trestle Bracing
- Body Binding: Aged White
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.75" (7 cm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Vintage "V"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius (241mm-305mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter'Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3.
- Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6C
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi Pickguard with Artist Signature and Gretsch® Logo
- Control Knobs: Dice, G-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.2 lbs