Gretsch G6120T-HR Brian Setzer Signature Hot Rod Hollow Body Guitar with Bigsby, Rosewood Fingerboard, Candy Blue Burst
Listen up, all you Stray Cats fans - this stripped-down, Hot Rod G6120T Brian Setzer Signature hollowbody will rock your world! This model comes with more simplified cosmetic appointments than his standard G6120, but it still looks damn good with its Candy Blue Burst finish.
At the heart of the guitar are Setzer's signature TV Jones Filtertron pickups, which are slightly overwound takes on the quintessential Gretsch tone. Chimey, growly, crisp, and clear all at once, clean or distorted. Another thing that sets Brian's guitar apart from the typical G6120 are the oversized f-holes which make the guitar more acoustically resonant, as well as a compound radius ebony fretboard that plays lighting fast and is almost vaguely reminiscent of a modern shredder for such a traditional-looking guitar. Make no mistake though, the playing feel and neck shape are still distinctly classic.
If you're looking for a Gretsch archtop to add to your collection but want something a little simpler in layout and look, but also a little more than the norm in effortless playability and tonal output, this one's definitely a good place to start.
Without a doubt Brian Setzer is one of the most exciting and impressive musicians of our time. By spearheading the rockabilly revival with the Stray Cats and jump-starting Big Band Swing with the Brian Setzer Orchestra, he has created a remarkable and lasting legacy.
Gretsch is thrilled to be a part of Setzer’s pivotal legacy with the G6120T-HR Brian Setzer Signature Hot Rod Hollow Body with Bigsby®, a truly rocking instrument boasting as much swagger as the showman who inspired it.
The single-cutaway hollow body G6120T-HR has an arched maple top with '59 trestle bracing and oversized F-holes for improved sonic snap and projection. The maple neck features a 9.5"-12” compound radius rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges for comfortable chording or speedy riffing across 22 medium frets and pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays. Dual TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups replicate Brian’s tight and punchy lows with a slightly hotter output that captures his unmistakably lively tone.
His bare-bones Hot Rod controls include only a three-position pickup toggle switch and master volume control with treble bleed circuit. The pinned Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with rosewood base, Bigsby® B6C vibrato tailpiece, Delrin® nut and Gotoh® locking tuners ensure bullet-proof performance night after night.
- Series: Artist Signature
- Family: Nashville® / G6120
- Color: Candy Blue Burst
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Nashville® / G6120
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: 1959 Trestle Bracing
- Body Binding: White
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Vintage "V"
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius (241mm-305mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Headstock: Falcon™ Style
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Brian Setzer Signature Filter'Tron™
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6C
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 6.8 lbs