We're stoked to bring you this gorgeous Players Edition Nashville from our friends over at Gretsch!
The Players Edition guitars are a great offering in the Gretsch line that offers a Custom Shop level of quality without the hefty price tag. The feel and overall build quality are definitely that of a high-end guitar, and the tone is every bit as stellar. The neck feels great and the fretwork is as good as you would expect on this level of guitar. The Azure Metallic finish on this one is very classy and looks awesome with the gold hardware.
Sitting somewhere between a low-output humbucker and a single-coil, the FT-67 Filtertron pickups on this guitar sound amazing. They have a very distinct chime to them that combine well with the hollowbody construction for genres like classic rock n' roll, blues, rockabilly, jazz and country. We love these unique pickups into a Fender blackface or tweed amp, or anything that the chimey pickups can drive the front-end of. These new modern reworkings also handle higher levels of overdrive and distortion better than their vintage counterparts.
For a distinctly vintage-accurate sound and construction with an unmistakably iconic look, there's no better choice than a Gretsch Players Edition!
The world’s greatest hollow body guitars just got even better. Designed from the ground up for modern players yet retaining all the timeless sound and style that made the 6120 famous, the G6120TG Players Edition Nashville® Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is a perfect pairing of art and performance. Player-oriented features, wide-open sound and comfortable playability combine to create a playing experience like no other. Ideal for every song, every night, this Nashville is certain to become your go-to trusted guitar.
The all-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups were designed to capture authentic vintage Gretsch voicing but with a more well-rounded tone for modern playing styles. This powerful pair of pickups provide open and pristine top-end chime, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. The innovative Gretsch “ML” bracing delivers huge hollow body sound from the comfortable 2.5”-deep maple body. The control complement — separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup toggle switching, no-load master tone and master volume — allows for infinite tonal variations. Our “Squeezebox” capacitor adds smooth vintage tone while the all-new treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down.
A 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled fingerboard edges and 22 medium jumbo frets top a 24.6”-scale maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing, while Luminlay® side dots offer precision fretting in low-light settings. The Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge combine with the Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut for maximum tuning stability. The Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings, as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
This Nashville is ready to bring Music City style to the stage — from the Azure Metallic or Orange Stain gloss urethane finish to the gold Gotoh® locking tuning machines and gold G-arrow control knobs to the white bound neck, body and F-holes, striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and gold plexi pickguard with black Gretsch logo and Nashville post sign. Built to be a true workhorse every song, every night, the G6120TG Players Edition Nashville Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby and Gold Hardware updates the archetypical hollowbody electric guitar for modern players who demand distinction from themselves and their tools.
- 16”-wide, 2.5”-deep maple body with ML bracing design
- Set maple “U”-shaped neck with 24.6” scale length
- 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and Luminlay® side dots
- All-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, individual volume controls for neck and bridge pickups, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and master no-load tone control with “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor
- String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Gotoh® locking tuners and Grover® strap locks
- Available in Azure Metallic or Orange Stain with gold plexi pickguard and gold hardware
- G6241 Gretsch® 16"" deluxe hollow body hardshell case included
- Model Number: 2401398851
- Color: Azure Metallic
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Nashville® / G6120
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: ML Bracing
- Body Binding: White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- Headstock: Binding White
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Ebony Base
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GP String-Thru
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo and Nashville Post Sign
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strap Buttons: Grover® Strap Locks
- Bridge Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Neck Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot, 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs