Gretsch G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body Guitar with Bigsby, TV Jones, Tiger Flame Maple, Walnut Stain Lacquer
Classic, classy, big, and beautiful - we're stoked to present this gorgeous Gretsch Vintage Select Country Gentleman! Based on an iconic 1959 model that helped Chet Atkins achieve his iconic tone, this guitar is a historic addition to anyone's collection.
Dressed in a classy Walnut Stain with gold hardware, this guitar has nice low action and smooth playability right out of the box, and oozes with vintage vibes. Unlike some guitars of yesteryear where you have to really work to get the guitar to do what you want it to, this one plays like a dream from the factory. Whether you're playing chords or lead lines down low or climbing up the neck, the response remains even across all strings and across the entire neck. This is a very dynamic guitar that responds to your playing style incredibly well.
TV Jones pickups have become the go-to winders for Filtertron-style pickups these days, so naturally Gretsch turned to them to be able to recreate the revered sounds worthy of Chet Atkins. These pickups just sound phenomenal - jangly, clear, bright, full, warm - it's all there. Try them through a vintage-style Fender amp on the edge of breakup, or even an old-school British-style amp!
This is a model that we're sure Atkins would be proud of. Come check one out!
Inspired by the original CGP (Certified Guitar Player), Chet Atkins, this Country Gentleman is more than able to keep up with the most fleet-fingered guitarist. Packed with the sound, style and features that made the original a legend, the ’59 Gent provides highly responsive, amazingly articulate sound.
A pair of TV Jones® pickups—a Super’Tron Classic Plus bridge pickup and Super’Tron neck pickup—responds to every stroke with defined, eloquent tone. The modified control layout features an individual bridge pickup volume, and master volume and tone controls, allowing you to create countless tonal variations. Add the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors and you get incredibly silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck with 1.75” nut bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage-style small frets and is a picker’s dream. A pinned rocking bar bridge works with the Bigsby® B6GWVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style genuine bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
All of the ’59 Gent’s classic features are here—laminated 5-ply figured maple top with painted F-holes, “wire” vibrato arm, gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines with ‘butterbean’ buttons. A truly classic instrument with refined style and sound, the G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is a fine addition to any guitarist’s collection.
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Family: Country Gentleman®
- Color: Walnut Stain Lacquer
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman®
- Body Material: Laminated Figured Maple
- Bracing: Parallel Bracing
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Sides: 5-Ply Laminated Figured Maple
- Body Top: 2.25" (57 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Small
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Neck Plate: NA
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Super'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Super'Tron™ Classic Plus
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GWVT with Wire Handle
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ with Butter-Bean Buttons
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Included: 099-6413-000 Deluxe Case - G6242L - 17" Hollow Body Models
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs