Gretsch G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body Guitar with Bigsby, Walnut Stain
Classic, classy, big, and beautiful - we're stoked to present this stellar Gretsch Vintage Select Country Gentleman!
Dressed in a classy Walnut Stain with gold hardware, this '62 Chet Atkins model has nice low action and smooth playability right out of the box, and oozes with vintage vibes. With renowned TV Jones Classic pickups providing the unmistakable Filtertron bell tone and smooth playability, it has the vintage '60s tones heard on countless iconic records from that era - The Beatles, anyone?
You would be hard pressed to find a guitar that can jump between country, jazz and rockabilly as seamlessly as this guitar. The collaboration between TV Jones and Gretsch proved to be a fruitful one - an endless array of tones is available through Gretsch's innovative circuitry and these pickups. No matter if you play fingerstyle or if flat-picking at lightning speed is more your jam, this Gent can handle it all.
This double-cut Gretsch is an amazing guitar that we're sure Atkins, Harrison, and plenty of other Gretsch players throughout history would be proud of. Come check one out!
Made famous by The Beatles’ George Harrison, the 1962 Country Gentleman is the sound of rock ‘n’ roll.
The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F-holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top, gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Model Number: 2401235892
- Series: Professional Collection
- Family: Country Gentleman
- Platform: Country Gentleman
- Color: Walnut Stain
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Body Depth: 2" (51 mm)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Small
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B6G Vibrato Tailpiece with Gretsch Logo
- Tuning Machines: Grover Imperial Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off, Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open, Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off, 3-Position Standby Switch
Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Gretsch Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs