Gretsch G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman Hollowbody Guitar, Ebony Fingerboard, Walnut Stain
Classic, classy, big, and beautiful - we're stoked to present this stellar Gretsch Players Edition Country Gentleman!
The Players Edition guitars are a great offering in the Gretsch line that offers a Custom Shop level of quality without the hefty price tag. The feel and overall build quality are definitely that of a high-end guitar, and the tone is every bit as stellar. The neck feels great and the fretwork is as good as you would expect on this level of guitar. The Walnut Stain finish on this one is both understated and luxurious, and looks awesome with the gold hardware.
Sitting somewhere between a low-output humbucker and a single-coil, the FT-67 Filtertron pickups on this guitar sound amazing. They have a very distinct chime to them that combine well with the hollowbody construction for genres like classic rock n' roll, blues, rockabilly, jazz and country. We love these unique pickups into a Fender blackface or tweed amp, or anything that the chimey pickups can drive the front-end of. These new modern reworkings also handle higher levels of overdrive and distortion better than their vintage counterparts.
For a distinctly vintage-accurate sound and construction with an unmistakably iconic look, there's no better choice than a Gretsch Players Edition!
The world’s greatest hollow body guitars just got even better. Designed for the working professional, our all-new Players Edition Hollow Body instruments preserve the authentic Gretsch sound and style while incorporating cutting-edge features for maximum power, comfort and versatility.
At the intersection of innovation and tribute, the G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is a state-of-the-art instrument built for the fleet-fingered guitarist.
Parallel bracing delivers resonant hollow body sound from the comfortable 2”-deep maple body. The Electrotone-body style revisits a vintage design from the 1960s, and its shallow depth, simulated f-holes and sealed top provide additional feedback control and low-end thump.
The all-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups were designed to capture authentic vintage Gretsch voicing but with a more well-rounded tone for modern playing styles. This powerful pair of pickups provide open and pristine top-end chime, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. The control complement — separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup toggle switching, no-load master tone and master volume — allows for infinite tonal variations. Our “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor adds smooth vintage tone while the all-new treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down.
A 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets top a 25.5”-scale maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing, while Luminlay® side dots offer precision fretting in low-light settings. The Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge combine with the Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut for maximum tuning stability. The Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings, as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
A lively playing partner, this Country Gent presents sterling sophistication — from the Walnut Stain gloss urethane finish to the gold Grover® Imperial™ locking tuning machines and gold G-arrow control knobs to the white bound neck, body and simulated F-holes, striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and gold vintage pickguard with Gretsch logo.
Designed to instill complete confidence from tailpiece to tuners, the G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby and Gold Hardware can be trusted on every song, every night for powerful sound, tonal flexibility and full control of that classic Gretsch power.
- 17”-wide, 2”-deep maple body with parallel bracing
- Electrotone-body style has a shallow depth, sealed top and simulated f-holes
- Set “U”-shaped maple neck with 25.5” scale length
- 12”-radius ebony Fretboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and Luminlay® side dots
- All-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, individual volume controls for neck and bridge pickups, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and master no-load tone control with “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor
- String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Grover® Imperial™ locking tuners and Grover strap locks
- Available in Walnut Stain with a gold vintage pickguard and gold hardware
- G6242L Gretsch® 17" deluxe hollow body hardshell case included
- Body Construction: Hollowbody
- Body Wood: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Walnut Stain
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard U
- Radius: 12"
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Nut Material: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge, Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuners: Grover Locking
- Pickups: FT-67 Filter'Tron Humbuckers
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot, 3-Way Pickup Switch
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Strings: .011-.049
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs