Celebrating Kim Thayil’s connection of over 30 years to his personal Guild S-100 guitars, the Polara Kim Thayil replicates the construction, tone and aesthetic of his favorite Guild S-100 Polara.
- Mahogany Body and Neck with Guild 70's Headstock
- Bound Rosewood Fingerboard with Pearloid Block Inlays
- Grover Original Rotomatics® Tuners
- Guild HB-1 Humbuckers with Alnico II Magnets
- 3-Way Toggle and Phase Switch
- Tune-o-Matic Bridge & Compensated Stopbar Tailpiece
- Soundgarden "King Animal" Truss Rod Cover and "Badmotorfinger" Signature Back Cover
- Black Gloss Finish with Gold Hardware
Mahogany Body and Neck with Guild 70's Headstock
Utilizing Mahogany bodies and Guild 70's large headstock reflect Kim's favorite features of his '78 S-100.
Grover Original Rotomatics® Tuners
Per Kim's request, the signature model features Grover Original Rotomatics® tuners for stability and ease of use. Standard on vintage S-100 Polara models, these tuners are a reliable industry favorite.
Guild HB-1 Humbuckers with Alnico II Magnets
Guild's flagship HB-1 Humbuckers replicate the warm yet articulate timbre of 70's S-100 Polaras. A perfect match for Kim's heavy tones, the added clarity of the HB-1's allow the guitar to cut through the mix. Also equipped with a phase switch, accurate to vintage spec, these features are essential to recreating the magic of Kim's favorite S-100 Polara models.
Soundgarden "King Animal" Truss Rod Cover and "Badmotorfinger" Signature Back Cover
Honoring the long-standing legacy of Soundgarden's 1991 album, "Badmotorfinger" and their 2012 album, "King Animal," these symbols are quintessentially grunge and pay tribute to Kim and his band mates.
Additional features include a bound Rosewood fingerboard with Pearloid block inlays, Tune-o-Matic bridge & compensated stopbar tailpiece. Available in a Black gloss finish with gold hardware.