H-II The return of a Hagstrom classic
The H-II was introduced in 1965, so 2015 marks the 50th anniversary of this iconic guitar. Known for the quirky switch and easy playability, they quickly achieved wide popularity. A comfortably profiled Canadian Maple neck is bolted to a hand-selected American Alder body insuring that the original attack and “bite” of the H-II is maintained. The classic 6-in-line Hagstrom headstock design, used for the first production of H-IIs, has been slightly updated, and the “Vintage Tremar” has been re-engineered for functional improvements without sacrificing its original appearance.
Hagstrom has taken great care in recreating the original pickups, and the new “Retro-S” pickups do an excellent job of matching the originals’ sonic glory. Gain-shaping functionality is enhanced by incorporating Hagstrom’s new RC-Circuit into the volume control, which allows for volume reduction without the loss of that high frequency “shimmer”.
We are proud to offer the H-II once again to Hagstrom fans worldwide in 2015, the 50th anniversary after their first introduction.
All Hagstrom electric guitars and basses include our patented H-Expander truss rod. Providing tension at both ends and running the entire length of the neck, the rigid yet light-weight alloy truss rod allows for a very low action and thin neck, two factors that were instrumental in earning Hagstrom its reputation as the world’s fastest playing guitar. The H-Expander truss rod does not only provide ultimate stability of the neck, but also plays a hand in providing you with the unique “Hagstrom tone”. Longer sustain and a round attack, are a couple of the sonic characteristics that the H-Expander adds to the tonal essence of Hagstrom.
- Slightly brighter and more vivid tone
- Ample amounts of attack/"snap"
- Strong resonance and sustain
- Great servicability
In combination with the trusted long travel Tune-O-Matic roller bridge and the Graphtech Black TUSQ XL nut, the re-engineered Vintage Tremar vibrato unit keeps it original appearance while tremendously improving its functionality. Smooth vibrato action and great tuning stability included.
- Body : American Alder
- Neck : Hard Maple, Bolt-On
- Fingerboard : Resinator Fretboard with Hagstrom 6mm Dot Position Marks / Graph Tech Black Tusq XL 43mm nut
- Pickups : 2 x Retro-S Alnico 5
- Vibrato : Original Tremar System
- Bridge : Tremar Roller Bridge
- Material: American Alder
- Style: Double Cutaway
- Binding: None
- Joint: Bolt On
- Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Binding: None
- Truss Rod: H-Expander
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: 6 mm Pearl Dot
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Pickups: 2 x Hagstrom Ceramic C-Spin
- Pickup Selection:
- Neck Pickup On/Off
- Bridge Pickup On/Off
- Master Tone On/Off
- Mute On/Off
- 1 x Volume with R/C Tone Circuit
- Kill Switch on Upper Horn
- Bridge: Long Travel T-O-M Roller Bridge
- Tailpiece: Hagstrom Vintage Tremar
- Machine Keys: Hagstrom 15:1 Die Cast
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 110 (10-46)
- Hagstrom Bag: E-20