The Heritage H-150 is a boutique take on a classic design that challenges the saying "they just don't make them like they used to" in a very good way. This one is very much made just like they used to in the glory days.
These Heritage guitars truly are the real deal. Their motto is "the world's finest American-made musical instruments" and we cannot find any reason to refute that at all. The company was started by guys that came over from Gibson's Custom Shop and they wanted to continue the tradition of handmade, high-quality instruments as the company moved towards more and more CNC machines and fewer handmade appointments. So they formed Heritage guitars and went back to using their hands to build finely-tuned and well-crafted guitars.
Aptly named, Heritage guitars carry on the tradition and true spirit of some of the most iconic guitars in the history of the electric guitar. The build quality is definitely something to behold. The fretwork is excellent and clearly done with attention to detail. The tone is vintage and ready to rock. Overall, it instantly feels like an old friend that you're reconnecting with. Rest assured, these are no copy-cat instruments. In a lot of ways, they're one of the most authentic representations of what most people actually think of when they think of a guitar of this style.
Versatile and ready for the studio or the stage, this is a guitar that will sound like a piece of rock n' roll history with playability and quality that will likely surpass even the most discerning and lofty expectations.
Celebrated as an icon and time-honored classic, the Heritage Custom Core H-150 delivers the energy and excellence unique to guitars from the late '50s.
This guitar is crafted in the Heritage factory at 225 Parsons Street, Kalamazoo, and features the finest curly maple top and an ultra-lightweight genuine mahogany back. A nitrocellulose finish with vintage gloss adds a subtle shine and velvety smooth feel to this guitar, and ages beautifully over time. With a redesigned carve top, 17° headstock and 4.5° neck angle, the Custom Core H-150 is optimized for excellent playability.
The Heritage Custom Core H-150 also features Heritage's signature 225 Classic humbuckers. Designed by Head of Guitar Research and Development, Edwin Wilson, and wound in-house to the strictest standards, these vintage-inspired pickups are tuned specifically for the Heritage Custom Core H-150 and excel tremendously in both clean and overdriven tones, making them perfect for any music genre.
Other notable features include a ‘50s C-shaped neck profile that’s truly comfortable on the hands, and a locking bridge with aluminum stopbar tailpiece for increased sustain and resonance. The headstock has a holly veneer and carries the ‘Heritage’ logo with a Twin Arrow inlay. Proprietary 3x3 tuners come laser-etched with our ‘Heritage’ logo.
The Heritage Custom Core H-150 is available in three colors, with the option for an Artisan Aged finish. It comes in a newly-designed hardshell case, with a certificate of authenticity and case candies included.
- Body Material: Premium Curly Maple (Top) / Ultra-Light Genuine Mahogany (Back)
- Body Color: Dirty Lemon Burst
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose, Vintage Gloss
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Fret Size: Jescar Medium/Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Neck Profile: '50s C (.8910" – .9805")
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- No. of Frets: 22
- Fretboard Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoid
- Headplate: Pearl 'Heritage' Logo and Custom Shop Motif
- Bridge: Locking Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: 'Heritage' Branded Tuners
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Control Knobs: Gold Top
- Switch Tip: Amber
- Pickups: Heritage Custom Shop 225 Classic Humbuckers (Neck & Bridge)
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-Way Toggle
- Electronics: Custom CTS Potentiometers, Orange Drop .022uF Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch and Switchcraft Input Jack
- Strings: Elixir Optiweb 10-46
- Case: Custom Shop Case and Case Candies
- Instrument Weight: 8.7 lbs