The Advanced Acoustic series represents an important step forward in the long and storied tradition of the acoustic guitar. In what amounts to a fully reimagined acoustic experience, these instruments were designed from the ground up to deliver a richer, brighter, and louder tone, with an unprecedentedly wide dynamic range. With slightly larger than typical proportions, we decided to name this new body shape the “Grand Dreadnought.” This reinvented design achieves a superb, powerful sound, and thanks to the extensive consideration given to the ergonomics, it’s extremely comfortable to play. The Advanced Acoustic series pushes the acoustic guitar to new heights, in a way that promises an exciting new experience for all players.
- Okoume neck: The Okoume neck provides greater playing comfort.
- Purpleheart fretboard: The Purpleheart fretboard emphasizes the beauty and the rich tonal character of this bass.
- Solid Sitka Spruce top: Solid Sitka Spruce top provides an enormous frequency range that offers wave after wave of shimmering highs along with tight mids and a fullbodied low end.
- Sapele back and sides: Sapele back and sides offer a fullbodied and warm midrange and a bright tone.
- Ibanez Tbar Undersaddle pickup: The Ibanez Tbar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
- Ibanez AEQTP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner: The Ibanez AEQTP2 preamp provides the extra punch of onboard EQ along with a convenient and easytoread digital tuner and 2band EQ, located on the instrument’s upper bout.
- Purpleheart bridge: The Purpleheart bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins: These pins really are an advantage over oldfashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulbshaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™ the pin and string stay put.
- Grand Dreadnought body: Through a rigorous R&D process spanning several years, Ibanez has reimagined the Dreadnought from the ground up, pursuing the height of rich sound, robust low end, and rich tone. This brand new body shape is called the Grand Dreadnought. Proportionally, the Grand Dreadnought body is 5% larger than a standard dreadnought, allowing for more volume, richer tone, and more powerful low end response. It’s also extremely comfortable to play thanks to the extensive consideration given to its ergonomics
- XM Bracing: After spending years of trialanderror, Ibanez realized the outofthebox XM Bracing to generate the ultimate sound standing out on the stage. The carefully designed scalloped Xbracing, the allocation of tone braces, and finger braces transmit the string vibration efficiently through the bridge to the body. The XM Bracing creates the clear bottom and crispy treble sound with trimmed warm midrange, yet provides a wide dynamic range and high response.
- Functional Tapered Headstock: The newly designed headstock shape is the result of thorough research and investigation. Its tapered shape provides lighter weight, as well as a straight string alignment which enhances tuning stability and reduces any neck twisting effect
- Advanced Access Cutaway: Its deep straight cutaway (from 18th fret) and shaved side enable amazing high fret access.
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Type: AAD
- Neck Joint: Screw jointing
- Neck Joint Position: 14th fret joint
- Neck Material: Okoume
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness(1st fret, mm): 21
- Neck thickness(7th fret, mm): 22
- Scale (mm): 650
- Nut width(inch): 1.7
- Nut width(mm): 43
- End width(mm): 55
- Number of fret: 20
- Fretboard: Purpleheart
- Fretboard Radius(inch): 15.75
- Fretboard Radius(mm): 400
- Inlay: White dot
- Body Shape(For Acoustic): Grand Dreadnought with Advanced Access Cutaway
- Body Top material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Back material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Sapele
- Body Depth(For Hollow): 5
- Body Width(For Hollow): 16.25
- Body Length(For Hollow): 20.375
- soundhole rosette: Black & White multi
- Bracing: X-M Bracing
- Body Depth@Joint: 100
- Body Depth@End: 125
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Total length(mm): 1042
- Body thickness(mm): 125
- Body length(mm): 515
- Body Width(mm): 412.4
- Bridge: Purpleheart
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™
- Saddle material: Plastic
- String spacing(mm): 11
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Chrome Die-cast tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
- Other Pickup: Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle
- Preamp (for Acoustic): Ibanez AEQ-TP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner
- Controls, Pickup selector: 1 Volume, Bass, Treble
- Output Jack: Balanced XLR & 1/4 outputs
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .012/.016/.024/.032/.042/.053
- Special Strings: D'Addario® EXP16
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Recommended Case: FS40DA
- Recommended Bag: IAB540-BK
- Other item(s) included: Hex wrench, Saddle, Bridge pin
- Batteries Required: 9V x1