Born from a long lineage and musical heritage, the acoustic guitar is steeped in tradition. But music continues to evolve, and musicians demand inspiring new tools with which to carve out their own signature sound. In that spirit, we introduce Ibanez AE, our flagship series of acousticelectric guitars, offer supreme tone and playability, and represent another great chapter in the acoustic guitar tradition.
- Nyatoh neck: The Nyatoh neck provides a rich midlow end.
- Ovangkol fretboard: The Ovangkol fretboard provides greater playing comfort.
- Solid Okoume top: Solid Okoume top offers a fullbodied and warm midrange and a bright tone.
- Okoume back and sides: The Okoume back and sides generate a woody, warm tone when the guitar is played softly or fingerpicked and provide punchy highmids with a clear projection when strummed.
- Ibanez Tbar Undersaddle pickup: The Ibanez Tbar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics: The compact, onboard active preamp features a mute switch to eliminate unexpected parameter changes during performances. This helps to reduce the guitar’s size and weight, minimize body contact and maximize the acoustic tone.
- Ovangkol bridge: The Ovangkol bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins: These pins really are an advantage over oldfashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulbshaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™ the pin and string stay put.
- Gig bag included: It comes with Ibanez gig bag which is designed specifically to fit and protect this instrument.
- Scalloped X bracing: Scalloped X bracing on the top provides responsive and balanced tone.
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Type: AE
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Joint Position: 14th fret joint
- Neck Material: Nyatoh
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness(1st fret, mm): 20
- Neck thickness(7th fret, mm): 21
- Scale (inch): 24
- Scale (mm): 607
- Nut width(inch): 1.7
- Nut width(mm): 43
- End width(mm): 55
- Number of fret: 20
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Fretboard Radius(inch): 15.75
- Fretboard Radius(mm): 400
- Inlay: White dot
- Body Shape(For Acoustic): AE Junior
- Body Top material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Solid Okoume
- Body Back material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Okoume
- Body Depth(For Hollow): 4.375
- Body Width(For Hollow): 14.75
- Body Length(For Hollow): 18.375
- soundhole rosette: Abalone and Maple
- Bracing: Ibanez Original Scalloped X bracing / Tone Projection Back Bracing
- Body Depth@Joint: 95
- Body Depth@End: 110
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Total length(mm): 960
- Body thickness(mm): 110
- Body length(mm): 464
- Body Width(mm): 373
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™
- Saddle material: Compensated Bone
- String spacing(mm): 11
- Nut: Bone
- Machine Head: Chrome Open Gear tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
- Other Pickup: Ibanez Tbar Undersaddle
- Preamp (for Acoustic): Ibanez Custom Electronics
- Other Swtiches: Mute switch
- Output Jack: 1/4 Endpin Jack
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .011/.015/.022/.032/.042/.052
- Special Strings: D'Addario® XTAPB1152
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Included case/bag: Gig bag included
- Other item(s) included: Hex wrench, Bridge pin
- Batteries Required: CR2032 x2
Write Your Own Review