Ibanez's guiding philosophy for acoustics is, ""a modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition."" This philosophy naturally extends quite well to the acoustic bass collection. With tone, style, playability at incredible value, Ibanez acoustic basses are creatively inspiring instruments designed to thrive in a wide variety of musical situations. The AEGB Series' slender, singlecutaway bodies deliver powerful and balanced acoustic sound, unplugged or through an amp or PA system.
- 3pc Nyatoh/Maple neck: The 3pc Nyatoh/Maple Neck provides a rich midlow end and great resonance.
- Walnut fretboard: A Walnut fretboard features a wellbalanced tonal character from low to high end.
- Spruce top: Spruce remains the most popular wood for acoustic guitar tops, mainly due to its pristine tonal clarity.
- Sapele back and sides: Sapele back and sides offer a fullbodied and warm midrange and a bright tone.
- Ibanez Undersaddle pickup: The Ibanez Undersaddle Pickup accurately reproduces the acoustic nature of the bass.
- Ibanez AEQ2T preamp w/Onboard tuner: The AEQ2T preamp is specificallydesigned to adjust the frequencies of a bass and a treble, and allows operation of the builtin tuner without the instrument being plugged in.
- Walnut bridge: The Walnut bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Finger Rest (AEGB): This bass is outfitted with a special finger rest. The design allows players to position their thumb across a wide span of the instrument, based on what is most comfortable and appropriate for their playing style.
- Forearm contour: The specially designed forearm contour on the body top offers playing comfort and adds an elegant accent to its appearance.
- Number of Strings: 4
- Neck Type: AEGB
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Joint Position: 16th fret joint
- Neck Material: 3pc Nyatoh/Maple
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- "Neck thickness(1st fret, mm): 21"
- "Neck thickness(7th fret, mm): 22.5"
- Scale (mm): 815
- "Nut width(inch): 1.7"
- "Nut width(mm): 43"
- "End width(mm): 58mm at 14F"
- Number of fret: 21
- Fretboard: Walnut
- "Fretboard Radius(inch): 15.75"
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): 400"
- Inlay: White dot
- "Body Shape(For Acoustic): AEG"
- "Body Top material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Spruce"
- "Body Back material(For Acoustic/Hollow): Sapele"
- "Body Depth(For Hollow): 3.75"
- "Body Width(For Hollow): 15"
- "Body Length(For Hollow): 19.375"
- soundhole rosette: Acrylic
- Body Depth@Joint: 85
- Body Depth@End: 95
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane Top / Satin Polyurethane Side&Back
- "Total length(mm): 1170"
- "Body thickness(mm): 95"
- "Body length(mm): 490"
- "Body Width(mm): 380"
- Bridge: Walnut
- Bridge pins: Black with white dot
- Saddle material: Plastic
- "String spacing(mm): 19"
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Black Die-cast tuners
- Other Pickup: Ibanez Undersaddle
- Preamp (for Acoustic): Ibanez AEQ-2T preamp w/Onboard tuner
- Controls, Pickup selector: 1 Volume, Bass, Treble
- Other Swtiches: Tuner on/off switch
- Output Jack: 1/4" output
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .040/.060/.075/.095
- Special Strings: Ibanez IABS4XC32 Carbon coated
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1G,2D,3A,4E
- Recommended Bag: IABB540
- Other item(s) included: Hex wrench, Saddle, Bridge pin
- Batteries Required: 9V x1
Write Your Own Review