Here's a bass that takes no prisoners and grabs your attention with its sound as much as its looks! This BTB1935 in finished in an absolutely stunning Caribbean Islet Low Gloss, one of our favorite finishes to have ever come through the shop.
The BTB series is designed for discerning players who demand tone that is going to cut through a mix and stay defined and punchy. Ibanez is showing that they're simply not willing to cut any corners on these when it comes to the specs - the electronics, tonewoods, and scale length all contribute to awesome playability and a growly, focused sound.
The neck is slim and flying up and down the fretboard is really a breeze. The zero fret is always a great addition as it helps your open strings sound more consistent with your fretted notes. As bass players, we're always striving for as much consistency and even string-to-string volume, dynamics, and balance as possible. This is one way to help minimize the difference between your open strings and every other note you play. To optimize the string-to-string balance and feel, this BTB has a 35" scale length. The B-string is tight and doesn't have that loose wobbliness that sometimes can be had on a 34" scale bass. This really becomes crucial if you want to downtune that B-string to, say, a low A, as many metal axe-slingers will want to. Now you'll really be thankful for the 35" scale!
This one is loaded with Aguilar pickups. These are some of the best bass soapbars in the business. You can easily find them equipped on boutique instruments twice this price. Pair those killer pickups with the 3-band EQ preamp and there is certainly a lot of versatility to this layout. Overall, the sound is modern and hi-fi. It's got a big low end that stays tight and articulate and a bright and snappy top end that can be accentuated or tamed quite easily with the onboard controls.
From top to bottom, this is a dependable and professional quality instrument that will rock hard right along with you!
Without a doubt, your instrument should reflect the dedication you place in your musicianship and creative endeavors. At a certain point, the word ”boutique” comes to mind: Selectgrade materials, neckthru construction, and top quality components, all in a meticulously combined into a stunning prolevel instrument. But what about the upfront investment of such an instrument? That's where Ibanez comes in. Our ability to build smallshop quality, into inspiring yet affordable instruments, is showcased in droves with BTB series basses.
”Designed to Inspire”, all Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, highprofile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. The richness of sound, stunning appearance and unrivalled playability of the Ibanez Premium series will open the gate of your reservoir of inspiration.
- 7pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart with Graphite reinforcement rods: The 7pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck provides tonal clarity, superior note attack and its slim grip shape permits superior playability.The Graphite reinforcement rods provides massive sustain and excellent stability.
- Panga Panga fretboard: Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- Medium Stainless Steel frets with Premium fret edge treatment: The Stainless Steel frets are durable and longlasting. The Premium Fret Edge Treatment ensures super smooth, comfortable performance.
- Curly Maple/Walnut top and back / African Mahogany wing body: The Curly Maple/Walnut top and back displays a beautiful wood grain. The African Mahogany wing body provides a warm tone with rich resonance.
- Aguilar® DCB pickups: The Aguilar® DCB pickups use the dualceramic bar design to capture all the detail and character of your tone. The pickup’s uniform magnetic field ensures that no information is lost, making this a great pickup for dynamic playing styles.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ: The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, nononsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Gotoh® machine heads: Gotoh® machine heads provide superior precision, a smooth feel, and excellent tuning accuracy.
- MR5S bridge: The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/ 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot): The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passiveonly operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3way Mid frequency switch: The 3way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the midtone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Gig bag included: It comes with Ibanez gig bag which is designed specifically to fit and protect this instrument.
- Neckthrough construction: The neckthrough construction contributes to massive sustain and smooth access to high fretboard positions.
- Body Wood: Curly Maple/Walnut back & top, African Mahogany wings
- Body Finish: Caribbean Islet Low Gloss
- Neck Wood: 7-Piece Panga Panga/Purpleheart w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Neck Shape: BTB5
- Radius: 15.748"
- Fretboard Wood: Panga Panga w/ Binding
- Fretboard Inlays: Offset Abalone Dots
- Frets: 24 Medium Stainless Steel (w/ Zero Fret)
- Scale Length: 35"
- Nut Width: 2.125"
- Nut: Plastic
- Bridge: Ibanez MR5S
- Tuners: Gotoh Machine Heads
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Pickups: Aguilar DCB Soapbar Humbuckers
- Controls: Volume, Balance, 3-Band Active EQ, EQ bypass switch, 3-way mid-frequency switch
- Strings: .045-.130
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 10.4 lbs