Without a doubt, your instrument should reflect the dedication you place in your musicianship and creative endeavors. At a certain point, the word ”boutique” comes to mind: Selectgrade materials, neckthru construction, and top quality components, all in a meticulously combined into a stunning prolevel instrument. But what about the upfront investment of such an instrument? That's where Ibanez comes in. Our ability to build smallshop quality, into inspiring yet affordable instruments, is showcased in droves with BTB series basses.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 5pc Maple/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods: The 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.The Graphite reinforcement rods provides massive sustain and excellent stability.
- Rosewood fretboard: Rosewood fretboard provides a wellbalanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Medium Stainless Steel frets: The Stainless Steel frets are durable and longlasting.
- Ash top / Ash / Okoume wing body: The Ash top imbues this bass with an exotic appearance and the Ash/Okoume body provides superior attack, bright and solid sound with rich sustain.
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups: The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottomend, punchy midrange, and smooth response. The dualcoil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced stringtostring pickup response.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ: The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, nononsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- MR5 bridge: The MonoRail V is the ultimate bridge for bass string isolation. Each bridge is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
- 3way Mid frequency switch: The 3way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the midtone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Detachable Finger ramp: A detachable Finger ramp is included for comfortable finger picking.
- Neckthrough construction: The neckthrough construction contributes to massive sustain and smooth access to high fretboard positions.
- Color: WKL
- Color Name: Weathered Black Low Gloss
- Country of origin: INDONESIA
- Number of Strings: 5
- Neck Type: BTB5
- Neck Joint: Neck-through
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/Walnut
- Reinforcement rods: Graphite reinforcement rods
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness @ 1st fret (mm): 20
- Neck thickness @ 12th fret (mm): 22
- "Nut width(mm): 47"
- Number of fret: 24 (+ zero fret)
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): 400"
- Fret Type: Medium Stainless Steel
- Inlay: Abalone dot
- Body Top Material: Ash
- Body Material: Ash/Okoume wing
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge: MR5
- "String spacing(mm): 19"
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Ibanez machine heads
- Hardware color: Black
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Balancer, Bass, Middle, Treble
- Other Swtiches: 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Other item(s) included : Hex wrench
- String Gauges : .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Recommended case: MRB350C
- Recommended bag: IBB540-BK