Ibanez EHB1005MSBKF EHB Ergonomic Headless 5-String Multi-Scale Bass Guitar, Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard, Black Flat
The EHB1005MS features an American Basswood body and the 5-piece roasted Maple/Walnut neck for well-balanced tone and clear attack. The Roasted Maple in the neck is heat-treated to increase stability, durability, moisture resistance, and tolerance of temperature changes. The Roasted Maple fretboard is also heat-treated for a balanced attack and rich sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. The luminescent side dot inlays are easy to see in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access.
The Ibanez EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session.
There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel. The multi-scale design delivers even string tension and comfortable fretting, facilitating a quick, smooth playing action.
The electronics consist of Bartolini® BH2 humbuckers and a 3-band active EQ with a variable mid-frequency for wide-reaching tonal flexibility. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed.
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
- EHB5 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale at 5th string, 838mm/33" scale at 1st string
- Selected light weight American Basswood top/Selected light weight American Basswood body
- Roasted Birds Eye Maple fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup
- Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Gig bag included