Ibanez EHB1505MSPLF EHB Ergonomic Headless 5-String Multi-Scale Bass Guitar, Panga Panga Fretboard, Pacific Blue Burst Flat
The EHB1505MS series features a figured Poplar Burl top on an African Mahogany body. This combination offers warm tones and rich resonance. A 9-piece Pangea Panga/Walnut neck imparts strong attack with tight low-end, while the Panga Panga fretboard delivers ample sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. The luminescent side dot inlays are easy to see in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access.
The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session. There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel. The multi-scale design delivers even string tension and comfortable fretting, facilitating a quick, smooth playing action.
The Nordstrand™ Big Split linear humbuckers supply a punchy, powerful, and well-balanced tone, with tonal characteristics between a P and J pickup. The Nordstrands are paired with a 3-band active EQ with a variable mid-frequency. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed. The electronics package supplies a variety of different tones suitable for a wide range of styles.
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
- EHB5 9pc Panga Panga/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale at 5th string, 838mm/33" scale at 1st string
- Poplar Burl top/Selected light weight African Mahogany body
- Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split neck pickup
- Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split bridge pickup
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Gig bag included
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs