Look at Ibanez's roster of signature artists in their hollow-body guitar category, and it's a who's who of the best jazz improvisers on the planet. This GB10SEFM is one of legendary jazzman George Benson's signature instruments and is available alongside the "Premium" line of Ibanez guitars. This beauty brings a whole lot to the table for well under $2000.
This gorgeous red variant features an all-flame maple body construction. The GB profile neck is super comfortable in every position, and the Florentine cutaway allows for smooth upper register access. Tonewise, thanks to the flame maple body and maple neck, this guitar features a resonant, clear and bright acoustic voice with incredible dynamics and great sustain. The signature GB mini-humbucker pickups and their extra bit of clarity allows you to get the tone pretty dark and warm with the tone knob down without sounding like every other rolled-off jazzbox on the planet. Because of the brighter sound, it always retains clarity up front that lets notes really cut through. This guitar isn't just for jazz, either - add a touch of overdrive, and you've got the perfect thick, creamy blues tone.
This instrument features impressive build quality from top to bottom, especially for the price - this style of guitar is one you'd expect to be in the multiple thousands for a truly high-quality instrument, and this $1600 offering holds up very nicely. We really love what Ibanez is doing with the Premium line right now.
The GB10SEFM is the perfect guitar for the jazz or blues player who's looking for real hollow-body sound on an instrument that'll hold up for decades!
- A strong 3-pc Maple neck provides an enriched resonance.
- Ebony fretboard provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Medium sized frets enhances the accuracy to your notes. The Artstar fret edge treatment with spherical surface processing offers super smooth performance.
- The Flamed Maple offers a beautiful wood grain.
- GB special pickups are installed and float off the body, eliminating feedback and enabling a superbly warm jazz sound.
- The Ebony bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- The gorgeous GB10 tailpiece provides better tuning stability.
- Body Type: Hollowbody
- Body Wood: Flamed Maple
- Top Wood: Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Sapphire Red
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape: GB
- Neck Joint: Set Neck
- Radius: 12"
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Abalone Split Blocks
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.7"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Half-Bone/Half-Brass
- Bridge: Ebony bridge, GB10 Tailpiece
- Tuners: Closed Gear with Pearloid buttons
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Pickups: GB Special Mini-Humbuckers
- Controls: Volume x2, Tone x2, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: .011-.050
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 6.8 lbs